From: "Noah Carver via Groups.Io" <ntclists@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:11 PM
Subject: [nvda] Why Windows OneCore voices Over eSpeak NG

Hi,

I don’t know when this was done, but NVDA is now defaulting to the Windows OneCore voices rather than eSpeak NG when it is first installed on Windows 10. It also does this on secure screens.

This is really annoying to me as I find the Windows OneCore voices extremely annoying in that they are incredibly slow and laggy. Is it possible to force NVDA to default back to eSpeak NG without copying my entire NVDA configuration over?

Thanks in Advance,

Noah Carver

Sent from Mail for Windows 10