Re: Why Windows OneCore voices Over eSpeak NG

Sarah k Alawami

I use one core at microsoft's 100 percent and nvda's maybe 40. It's rapid fast and only I can understand it. And they are as responsive as ever.

Take care

On 28 Mar 2019, at 10:41, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 01:33 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Why do some people say the one core voices are slow? Can the speech rate be increased?
Because some people have their speech rates set up to speeds that are incomprehensible to your random listener, but perfectly comprehensible to them, and certain synthesizers do "ultra fast" better than others.   I have yet to see anyone who uses One Core (or other, for that matter) voices at something within normal limits for typical human speech rates say they're either slow or laggy.   If one wants to use ultra fast speech rates, then it narrows one's choice of synthesizers (and, probably, even voices for that synth).

Yes, speech rate can be varied for One Core voices.

          ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)