Re: Why Windows OneCore voices Over eSpeak NG
toggle quoted message Show quoted text
In 2019.1 we've reduced that pause between sentences with OneCore voices. If that was your main issue, try OneCore voices again and see what you think of the change (do let us know). Otherwise for the OP, as others have said, if you change your synth to eSpeak NG or any other, then:
1. Set your synth to eSpeak (or whatever you want) and make any other changes.
2. Press NVDA+control+c to save your settings
3. Open NVDA's general settings: NVDA+control+g
4. Tab to "Use Currently saved settings on Windows logon and other secure screens"
5. Press ENTER, then accept the warnings and notifications about copying settings etc.
We made the change in NVDA 2018.2 as a lot of new users found eSpeak NG very robotic and we felt that OneCore voices were at a point where they were quite useable for new users. For users who preferred eSpeak NG, we still bundle it with NVDA and it is relatively easy to change to it (note that if you are upgrading from an earlier version of NVDA, you will keep your existing settings - the change to the default only affects new installations).
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 8:00 AM JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:
Training and Support Manager
Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/