From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of nasrin khaksar
Sent: 02 July 2016 14:49
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some issues with NVDA's reading

hi.
how should i set nvda to recognize double question mark or exclamation or even more than two times if repeted in the text? thanks.

On 7/2/16, Clare Page <clare.page@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi!

In answer to your question, Chris, all the two-part symbols, including
the question mark, are read in the same way in French as they would be
without the space before them in English, so you still get the rising
inflection for questions as long as the voice used supports it, which
I’ve found some don’t.

But if I switch to English and thereis a space before the punctuation,
it ignores it. For example, if I had left a space between the word
“Hi” and the exclamation mark after it at the beginning of this email,
it would sound like “Hi” is part of the next sentence. But that’s
understandable, because, as several people have pointed out, gaps
between words and punctuation like question and exclamation marks are not correct in English.

Bye for now!

From Clare