Re: Getting current column in word when you're in 2 column format?

Quentin Christensen

If you use Draft layout, it will present the information in a single column view (changing to Print layout view shows the information in two columns.

Columns are a bit odd in Word.  If you use down arrow it jumps to the next page without moving to column 2. If you press control+down arrow / control+up arrow to move between paragraph, it correctly moves between columns as needed.  Also if you read with say all (NVDA+down arrow or NVDA+A in laptop layout) it reads in the correct order.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 4:43 AM Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonkeithbiggs@...> wrote:
Hello,
Some technical papers need to be written in a 2 column format and I'm having a hard time figuring out what column I'm on both because NVDA likes to jump around columns and because I need to know how to format my paper based off the template.
Is there any way to tell what column I'm in?

To format a document with 2 columns, go to format, columns, and choose 2. You need to have text selected first though I believe.
Thanks,

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager