Re: Latency when typing in Thunderbird

Gene

Maybe it would disclose something interesting if people reporting these problems told us what brand and perhaps model of computer they have.  Perhaps some technically knowledgeable list members might find some commonality.

Sent: Monday, April 01, 2019 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latency when typing in Thunderbird

This probloem seems to vary from one machine to another.  There is another one that seems to vary as well.  Some people complain that Thunderbird is slow to open messages and some people say it isn't.  the same is evidently true of this problem.

I wonder if there is some technical commonality in the machines that are slow.  I don't have the technical knowledge to speculate knowledgeably about what it might be but I wonder if it might have to do with hardware.  I don't know how a chip set is defined but I wonder if that might be a common cause.

Sent: Monday, April 01, 2019 6:57 PM

I never have had sluggishness issues with Thunderbird and NVDA. I know earlier versions of JAWS had all sorts of issues.  According to users of the latest version of JAWS, this should no longer be a problem.

Hi

Not getting it on this end and am using the latest thunder bird and the latest version of nvda and windows 10 version 1809.

Out of curiosity are you doing it from a braille display or the normal keyboard on a computer?

Gene nz

On 2/04/2019 9:49 AM, Daniel Damacena wrote:
This kind of problem is the reason why I changed from thunderbird to gmail web client.
I  did not know it before, but it`s really accessible and it has a lot of helpful shortcuts.
What prevented me to know that was the fact that you need press nvda + space to make it accessible and to activate keyboard shortcuts on gmail settings.

Em seg, 1 de abr de 2019 às 12:37, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> escreveu:

Yep I face the same issue. I tried to compose a mail in tBird and even with the advanced search off, I got between 5 and 10 seconds between letters and arrowing through the message, in fact my whole machine locked. Theres a huge memory leak somewhere and I want to find out whare.

On 1 Apr 2019, at 6:57, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello all

I have just moved onto a Windows 10 machine and am running the latest version of Thunderbird and of NVDA.

When typing in thunderbird, there is some latency (I am echoing letters when typing).  It is almost a letter behind.

Has anyone else come across this?  Any suggestions for fixes?

thanks,

--Sile

--
Daniel Damacena

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"