Re: Youtube in Firefox don't automatically plays video after loading Youtube

JM Casey

There have been a lot of messages on the list about this, but the explanation seems to be that firefox does not autoplay by default. This change is welcome by many of us, including me.

As for internet Explorer – yeah, I don’t know, haven’t used that in quite some time.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Giles Turnbull
Sent: April 3, 2019 11:04 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Youtube in Firefox don't automatically plays video after loading Youtube

I don't have any explanation why nor any solution, but I can confirm YouTube is behaving the same for me when using Firefox. The Video page loads but does not automatically play. It started to do this yesterday.

I just tried opening a YouTube video in Internet Explorer and got this message:
‘Internet Explorer  dialog  This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue?’

Firefox does not give me that prompt but the result is the same. The page loads but I have to manually activate the play button.

My conclusion is that this is a change in the YouTube programming so will, fingers crossed, get resolved before long.

Giles