From: "Jeffrey McFarland" <jmcfarland86@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2019 1:53 AM
Subject: [nvda] Assistive technology research and development

Is there an organization/foundation that is focused on assistive technology research and development, devices prototyping, improved device and computer software for people with disabilities. For instance, were products like the Sunu band, Buzzclip, JAWS, NVDA, Window Narrator, Be my eyes, Aira, Seeing AI, WeWalk etc etc. funded by grants the same way something like LUXTURNA was in part funded by FFB? Its clear that Foundation Fighting Blindness excels in fundraising and fund allocation in clinical trails, medical research funding, medical prosthetic areas.