Re: Code Factory Blues

Gene

First, why do you want to find another voice if all you need to do is reregister the Code Factory Voice, especially if you want Eloquence?  As far as I know, registration is free.  I believe, though you can check, that if you run NVDA once a month with the voice, you will remain registered.  So just running it for a moment with the Eloquence voice should be all you need to do.

As far as changing to the Microsoft voice on your computer is concerned, are you using the SAPI version of Eloquence or the Add-on?  It may affect how you run the Microsoft voice.  I'm not sure I can tell you just how to switch but answering my question may make it easier for you to find out.

Sent: Friday, April 05, 2019 11:26 AM
Subject: [nvda] Code Factory Blues

Hi, All:

I'm once again trying to learn NVDA after many years as a JAWS user
running 64 bit Windows 7 Home.

One of my problems is that my attempts keep being interrupted by one
thing or another and I have to start virtually all over from scratch.  I
purchased a couple of Code Factory voices  with one being an Eloquence
that sounds reasonably like the Eloquence with JAWS that I'm used to.
Apparently, I upset Code Factory by not loading NVDA frequently enough
for them since the voice switched to something else from Eloquence that
it had been on the last time I used NVDA and I apparently have to
re-register the Code Factory voice again.  This will be the third time
and I'll be in search of another synthesizer since I have a problem
understanding eSpeak or whatever the current one is.  Could someone
please remind me how to find out what the current one is?  During one of
my previous attempts, I found that the SAPI voice for Win 7 was easier
to understand than eSpeak, but can't remember how to switch.  Could some
kind person please provide instructions?

I'll check out voices again when I can get NVDA more understandable, but
does anyone know if there has been anything new other than from Code
Factory in the last several months that works with Win 7?

I seem to be running NVDA 2018.1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Margaret