Re: Blind people typing Chinese

Michael Munn

I just checked this program still exist.
The last release was 2017.
Thanks
best regaards
Michael Munn

Michael Munn
 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org
Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 3:54 PM Michael Munn <michaelrbms@...> wrote:
There used to be a input method called Sogou. This requires a person to know how to spell a word in Chinese using Pinyin. it's also a fast way to input a Chinese character in a timely manner.
the major dis advantage is that this program requires a person to choose the character after they type. This is because china have over two thousands characters.  . A lot of them sound's the same. If you don't pay any attention on what you are writing you more then likely to get laughed at.
That was like four years ago. I don't know is this program still exist.
Thanks
Best regards
Michael Munn

Michael Munn
 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org
Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 1:33 PM Clement Chou <chou.clement@...> wrote:

I am interested in this as well!

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019, 9:16 AM Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Please, copy me if you reply privately to this question. I'm interested
too...

Ciao,

Ollie