Re: In ms word how to search a particular word

Mohd. Ahtesham Shaikh

Are there more pdf readers apart from adobe reader?

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 at 3:25 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hmm, that did not seem to work for me here. Which mode should word be in
browse or edit?
 Also of course there does seem to be an issue if the word is on page 2.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2019 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] In ms word how to search a particular word

I just played with this with NVDA a short while ago, and again with NVDA
off.

NVDA is using Word's own search via the Navigation pane that opens when you
hit CTRL+F or NVDA+CTRL+F. When the search is done, focus is sitting on the
"Next Result" button, and each activation moves you from the currently
focused occurrence of the found word/phrase to the next, highlights are
unaffected other than the one that indicates actual current focus moving
from one occurrence to the next. If I hit ESCape once I've arrived at the
occurrence I'm interested in, focus jumps back in to the document itself and
that instance is selected. If I then right arrow or left arrow it removes
selection if that's what one wants to do, or if I start typing it replaces
that instance with whatever I type, which is standard behavior.

As far as PDF files go, much depends on the actual PDF reader being used, so
it is vital to know that.

*Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.*

~ Edward Abbey