Re: Suggestion for a Possible Option Regarding NVDA Profiles

Quentin Christensen

We have an open issue for an option to have a profile associated with a specific website.  Conceptually, what the original poster is asking for (a profile for a particular file in Notepad, or any program really) is similar. The discussion on the issue has explored the intricacies of trying to work out what a user actually wants in specifying a website, and how to do that, but depending on how it is implemented, a solution to that could potentially also work for this scenario, or could be a different solution:  https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/4442

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 9:23 PM marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Brian,
I'm afraid that turning the synth ring on a "second rotor" won't be the best solution in this case.
When I mentioned profiles, it's because with this option, we can create a sort of preset for what window we want. All I suggested was developing this option, an already existing one, a bit more.
Why do ask to the developers to reinvent the wheel if they could save their time just improving something that's already there and does what it should do?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 06/04/2019 06:59, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io disse:
How would this be useful though?
I mean you can do it on say all of course, it might be more interesting to have your preferred settings on a rotor like the synth ring so you can sequence through them according to the one you want for that application.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-