Re: Mouse Navigation with NVDA - Do you use it? Do you like it?

Patrick Le Baudour

Hello,

I do maximize the windows... when it is possible, but the less accessible things often are custom-made dialogs that can't be resized.
I had forgotten those bars could be hidden, though. I'll have to do that.

I've had to use it today on a java app that is basically not accessible with the keybord (not that I expected it to, it is a client for a go playing

and chat server that i used to go on a lot when I had sight.).
I had to move the mouse to locate and read me tabs, chat lines, buttons... i guess it was experience enough for me to change my mind a bit, it is workable especially with the bips for coordinated help, but it'll take some time not to be annoyed too much by those beeps.I'll still use the keybord only most of the time, but I may think more easily of the mouse as an alternative now.

Le 09/03/2016 18:36, Brian Vogel a écrit :
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 09:23 am, Patrick Le Baudour

I find it difficult not to be lost and finding a specific item on a
big screen

Patrick, just curious, but do you have the window for the program in
question maximized such that it covers the entire physical screen? That
can at least make things a bit easier since you're not "falling off the
edge" of your program with the exception of hitting the taskbar or
system tray if you keep those visible at all times.