From: Zachary Morris
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2019 11:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

Hello,

Another source to download nvda from is www.ninite.com/accessible. You can find other applications that are accessible there as well. To turn off windows defender, go to settings > update and security and then go under windows security and then you should  be able to find it there. Sorry I forgot how to do it from there. These directions are assuming that you use windows 10. If you are running something other than windows 10, I don't know how to do that.

On 4/7/2019 22:19, James Bentley wrote:
OK, NVDA is not listed in programs and features.

When I pasted your string in to the run menu, I was able to find a message that I opened in NotePad.  It is as follows:

2018:01:31 09:16:12:961 Could not recognize operation: B!

2018:01:31 09:16:12:975 DifxFrontend failed!

***

The download from NV Access is around 22 MB.  But what I find in my downloads folder is under one MB.  Don’t know what’s with that.

I have deleted the file from my downloads folder several times and replaced it with a new download with the same results.  Are there other safe places to grab NVDA?

Now, I sure ain’t no kind of a PC genius but I am wondering about two things.

First, I did turn off Malwarebytes real time protection with no luck.  I do not know how to turn off Windows Defender.  So, can anyone help me with that?  Just in case Defender is the culprit!

Also, I wonder if I would have any luck trying to install an older version of NVDA.  And, then, just updating that.

I’m sure there is a lesson to be learned here.  Even if it is just that NV Access has a server that is down.

All help is greatly appreciated.

James BCheers,