From: "James Bentley" <bentleyj1952@att.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2019 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

OK, NVDA is not listed in programs and features.

When I pasted your string in to the run menu, I was able to find a message that I opened in NotePad. It is as follows:

2018:01:31 09:16:12:961 Could not recognize operation: B!

2018:01:31 09:16:12:975 DifxFrontend failed!

***

The download from NV Access is around 22 MB. But what I find in my downloads folder is under one MB. Don’t know what’s with that.

I have deleted the file from my downloads folder several times and replaced it with a new download with the same results. Are there other safe places to grab NVDA?

Now, I sure ain’t no kind of a PC genius but I am wondering about two things.

First, I did turn off Malwarebytes real time protection with no luck. I do not know how to turn off Windows Defender. So, can anyone help me with that? Just in case Defender is the culprit!

Also, I wonder if I would have any luck trying to install an older version of NVDA. And, then, just updating that.

I’m sure there is a lesson to be learned here. Even if it is just that NV Access has a server that is down.

All help is greatly appreciated.

James BCheers,