Re: I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

Gene

Let me restate my message.  I can't definitely say that you will get an error message.  In my experience you do and I believe that such a message is by far the expected behavior.  But always is something I can't say.  But it may help you solve the problem faster in many or most cases by concentrating on other possibilities first.  When such a problem happens, it is a good idea to download the file again and try it, just in case.  If that doesn't solve the problem, the file is likely alright.

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

Hello Dejan,

I've realized that it is not a download problem.  Its an install problem.

I was able to download the latest version of NVDA to a thumb drive and
install on an HP laptop with no problems.  But the same file, which is the
same that you gmailed to me will not install on my Dell laptop.  So, other
than hoping that the MS disability desk can fix this, I would like to try a
previous version of NVDA.  It may not work but it seems like the next
logical step.

Can you please gmail me a prior version.  If it installs, I should be able
to upgrade it.

A milion thanks to you and all,

James B