Re: I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

Dejan Ristic

Hi once more,

James,

I don't know what you may face, but have a go at this one!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NuAdl9kWGMOagXQVTpffe9n-4-LOfpzO

On 09/04/2019 14:07, James Bentley wrote:
Hello Dejan,

I've realized that it is not a download problem.  Its an install problem.

I was able to download the latest version of NVDA to a thumb drive and install on an HP laptop with no problems.  But the same file, which is the same that you gmailed to me will not install on my Dell laptop.  So, other than hoping that the MS disability desk can fix this, I would like to try a previous version of NVDA.  It may not work but it seems like the next logical step.

Can you please gmail me a prior version.  If it installs, I should be able to upgrade it.

A milion thanks to you and all,

James B

-----Original Message----- From: Dejan Ristic
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:59 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

Hi to James and to all of you,

I've read all the messages concerning the download failure.

I've just uploaded the last NVDA version to my Google Drive, so let me
post the link to the executable file for James to try to download. If
James asked for the previous version, I'd be glad to g-drive it for him.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MNEaShQS8VvCI1tYgkyX7xc0-i6XAYaM

-

On 09/04/2019 08:53, Felix G. wrote:
Hi,
as a software dev I'd sure love to have a look at that system. That
thing is straight from the X Files.
I hope MS digs up something!
Best,
Felix

Am Di., 9. Apr. 2019 um 04:36 Uhr schrieb Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com>:
On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 10:08 PM, James Bentley wrote:

Isn’t this an interesting mess?

Yep.  It will be interesting to see what MS turns up.

My next step would be a repair install, but I'd let MS take a look first.

            ~ Edward Abbey

.

.