Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Autorun for the portable version?

hi

There used to be able to do it but i think that stopped back in windows 7.

There are other ways of starting nvda from a USB stick or Cd on another persons computer.

Which version of windows are you running?

I do have some tutorials on starting nvda from a USB stick or Cd on my website if you are interested they are on the nvda audio tutorials page at http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.html

When you get there jump down by headings until you get to the sections mentioning USB or CD.

I do have one written up not posted but it covered making a portable version of NVDA then starting it on windows 10. At the time it is nvda 2019.1 and version 1809 of Windows.

But you could try the following also on your computer but will not work on log on screen.

 If you put the portable contents of nvda on to a USB stick unplug it from your computer then plug it back in.

then press the windows key + letter R and in the run dialogue box type E:nvda then press the enter key and then it should start up.

To make sure it is that version when i had it running on the usb stick i changed the voice from the other one that i was using.

not sure if it works on earlier versions of Windows that way I do not think it did.

that one might get posted in the next day or so?

Gene nz

On 10/04/2019 8:27 AM, Judy Jones wrote:

Hello again,

I now have the portable version on a thumb drive, but is it possible to get NVDA to start when inserting the drive?  If so, how?

Thanks again.

Judy