Re: Code Factory Blues

Gene

The check for proper licensing doesn't change the voice.  I haven't heard that complaint before.

I may be able to discuss other voices in a later message. I don't know what you mean about using the JAWS read current line command.  Aren't you using NVDA when you are checking the synthesizer?

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Blues

Gene and All:

I want to change the voice since the Code Factory Eloquence I remember
is close to the JAWS Eloquence which is both good and bad.  The good
part is that it is familiar and the bad is that I'm still at the point
with NVDA where I have to switch back to JAWS to get something done
quickly or the differences and having to concentrate instead of muscle
memory get to me and I need to change.  If I leave the computer, I have
to do the JAWS read current line to tell which synth I was using.

Also, I understand that by clicking on I agree to the Code Factory
license agreement, I gave them the right to do their monthly probe or
however often they issue it.  I wish they could do it without changing
my chosen voice.  Yes, registering is free, but my memory is that it is
not easy and involves having to dig up codes to plunk down in the
appropriate places.

If I load NVDA and do NVDA key plus Control-S, I land on Sapi 5 with
a male voice.  My memory is that I thought the Microsoft voice I had was
female and Sapi 4 which was more understandable for me than eSpeak.
Whatever voice I'm on now is also better than eSpeak.

I thought I remembered that there was somewhere in the NVDA menu where
one can listen to the installed voices, but I haven't found it yet.

I got NVDA updated to the current version and I'm running 64 bit
Windows 7 Home.

I apologize to the list since this is not a good time to try to learn
something new, but every time I've run into a bad patch and have had to
stop and think I'll resume at a better time, there hasn't been a better
one and I've reached the conclusion there isn't going to be.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Margaret