From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

James,

          I find it to be a far easier option to create a new user account on the machine, copy over user data from the account that has the problematic profile, then nuke that original account.

          If the problematic account is a Microsoft Account Linked account, then create a local account with admin privileges initially then, after copying everything over and deleting the initial account, you can convert that local account to a Microsoft Account Linked account that uses the same Microsoft Account as the original.

         I have never liked "profile fixes" and far prefer a clean slate with a new user account (and that was before Windows 10, too).

           ~ Edward Abbey