Re: I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...>

Looks like I will need to do some research.  When I get the time, I will do so and then come back here for assistance.

I do get to use NVDA on my bedroom PC.  Eventually, I suspect that many users will be using Narrator with both Jaws and NVDA.  Narrator in 1809 is improved again and just look at NVDA go.  I love lots of choices.  Good for everyone.

Brian, thanks for your post and your efforts on this list.

James B

Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I Can't get the latest version of NVDA to install

James,

I find it to be a far easier option to create a new user account on the machine, copy over user data from the account that has the problematic profile, then nuke that original account.

If the problematic account is a Microsoft Account Linked account, then create a local account with admin privileges initially then, after copying everything over and deleting the initial account, you can convert that local account to a Microsoft Account Linked account that uses the same Microsoft Account as the original.

I have never liked "profile fixes" and far prefer a clean slate with a new user account (and that was before Windows 10, too).
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.

~ Edward Abbey

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.