Re: Autorun for the portable version?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Since you say you might be floating from pc to pc where most computers have a c: drive hard drive d: drive usually a dvd burner it is usually the E drive when plugged i.

The easiest way is either change the letter each time until it starts.

if you do not know start up narrator then locate the usb drive then locate the nvda.exe file on the usb stick then press the enter key then close down  narrator.

The other way i like doing it is labeling the usb stick. for example qqq then have the nvda files put onto the usb stick.

but doing it that way also depends how they have it setup. Like when you press the windows key + letter E then file explorer comes up if it gives you a list of folders and shows all of your drives then it is a matter of just pressing the letter Q it will take you to the usb stick press the enter key now you are inside of the usb stick then press the letter N and it should land on the nvda.exe file then press the enter key and it should start up.

If it is the other screen I can not think what it is called quick access where it shows your latest files etc then you will need to shift/ tab once it will put you in a tree view press the letter T for this pc then press the enter key I can not remember if you have to tab once then press the letter Q it should land you on the usb stick press the enter key then press the letter N for the nvda.exe file then press the enter key and you will be up and running.

any how there are different ways but the narrator one would be the best for a new user to get started with nvda on  a totally new machine.

Gene nz

On 10/04/2019 12:09 PM, Judy Jones wrote:

Remind me again, if I don’t know the drive letter, for instance if I have a position that requires  a floating work station, how again would I activate my portable copy?

I will check out your tutorials probably tomorrow or the next day for sure.

Thanks.

Judy