Re: the Nathan voice and issues with restarting NVDA with Espeak

Too true. This is a really sad state of things.

On 7/3/2016 1:28 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
Voice manufacturers have an interest in making their voices sound human,
and trying to expand abbreviations, dates, etc. Some synthesizers
provide a way to turn this off programmatically, others don't.
Of the ones that do, it's up to the driver developer to do this.
As end users, we're a few levels down and sometimes don't get the tools
and documentation to customize our synthesizer to the fullest extent
possible. For example, disabling abbreviations or adding dictionary
entries for mispronounced words (the NVDA dictionary doesn't count).

On 7/3/2016 9:48 AM, Governor staten wrote:
Why do voices like Nathan take numbers 2.7, and turn them into February
7? It's more than mildly annoying to me when reading some program's
version number to hear a date. There is probably some simple way to fix
this, but.

On 7/3/2016 12:32 PM, Governor staten wrote:
I'll attach it here, since it is quite small. Since this log, I
uninstalled the ovice and restarted NVDA, and I have Espeak back.

On 7/3/2016 11:49 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hi!

Please send a log file to me, and I will try to see whats the problem...

Rui