From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:50 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Remove beeps from list of emails

I just checked.  The name of the add-on is object location tones.
The description says, "After installing this add-on and restarting NVDA (or when you enable this add-on), as you navigate to different controls, you'll hear tones to indicate where the object is located on screen."  It is evidently seeing items in Outlook like different messages in the list as controls.  I assume from the fact that you don't complain about this in other programs such as Windows Explorer, that this generally doesn't happen.

That also explains why when you turned off the object navigator moving as you moved in the application, that no beeps were heard.  the object navigator didn't move and the add-on was therefore unaware that you were moving in the application.

Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 4:36 PM

Joseph,

I went into the ad on manager and disabled your beep add-on and the problem has gone away! Now when I toggle NVDA+7 to either on or off there is no more beeping!

This is a brutal way to resolve the problem but it is a relief. However, I would like to understand what was happening and why I could not simply toggle the beeps on or off without losing the ability to Trak the cursor.

All the best,

Cearbhall