Re: Announcing cut, copy, or paste

Judy Jones <sonshines59@...>

Nope, I was just asking about the verbal feedback when you cut text, copy text, or paste it.  Sometimes, with Jaws, if you don’t get that verbal feedback, it can mean that the text, for whatever reason, did not copy to clipboard.

Judy

“Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings.”

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Announcing cut, copy, or paste

I'm not sure what you are asking.  Are you asking about cutting text, then adding more text when you cut more?  I don't know what the command does that you are describing and you already know about control x for cutting text, which is a Windows command.  The Clipspeak add-on causes NVDA to announce that text is copied, cut, or pasted.  In many circumstances, it doesn't announce those things without the add-on but just what does the JAWS command do?

Gene 

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:34 PM

Subject: [nvda] Announcing cut, copy, or paste

Hello To All,

Can NVDA be set to announc “cut text to clipboard,” as Jaws does when you use control-X?

I ran into this when wanting to paste a link into an e-mail.  In Jaws you hit Alt-D, A, and C to get this done.  I did manage to copy to clipboard, but didn’t hear it spoken, so pulled up notepad to make sure I actually had copied the address.

It would seem easier if you could hear that your commands are carried out.

Thanks as always.

Judy

“Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings.”

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.