From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: April 12, 2019 2:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Observation of Reply Behaviour of Some List Members

If people want to read mail by thread, that will organize mail by topic and people may want to do this.  But you can use an e-mail program.  You don't have to use a web page and I argue that you don't benefit to a significant extent, if at all, by using a web interface in that regard.

I read almost all list mail and I don't bother to have it grouped.  But grouped or not, if people keep messages they may want to respond to and delete the rest as they read, however they read list mail, including in an e-mail program, they will automatically then have only messages they might want to reply to.  And they will already know if they have new information to add or would only be repeating what others have said.

I'm emphasizing that an e-mail program can be used perfectly well for this because it is important that people not believe that using a web interface, which a lot of blind people don't want to do, is not at all necessary to do this.  Just read what you want as usual, and keep messages you may want to reply to.