Quick Navigation By Heading In MS Word Focus Mode

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I presently switch to browse mode in MS Word and use standard quick
navigation commands to navigate heading by heading. However, there is
a certain scenario in which I need to be heavily multitasking, often
not listening to NVDA at all but constantly taking notes, navigating
to different sections (sorted by headings) of the Word document whilst
constantly inputting text under each section. A problem I am commonly
facing whilst doing this activity is forgetting to switch between
focus mode and browse mode in Word, due to which I sometimes miss
taking crucial notes as I am paying attention to something else rather
than hear NVDA frantically say "not supported in this document" as I
am typing while still in browse mode, or fail to navigate in the
document and instead enter text like "hhhh" since I am still in focus
ode.

One way in which I imagine solving this problem is if I were able to
navigate heading by heading whilst in focus mode itself in MS Word. I
use Word 2016, and I seem to have some recollection of having read
about the ability to performing heading navigation using Word 2016's
Find functionality or via key commands along the lines of
Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/PgDn. In case heading navigation by some internal Word
2016 functionality is possible, please explain the process of making
use of that.

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah