Re: Observation of Reply Behaviour of Some List Members

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 03:51 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Brian our moderator does not agree that this can occur
Brian, please, please, please stop harping on this!!   I have never, ever said it cannot occur.   I have said it is exceedingly rare for the vast majority of users around the world, and it is.  I have been in the computing world full time since the 1980s and the kinds of issue you routinely describe yourself as having is not, in any way, characteristic of most users experiences, period.

You are having a long term problem with your ISP.   It is up to you to get that fixed via your ISP or change ISPs.  General policy or expectation should not be set based on idiosyncratic behavior by an ISP, and cannot be.

Extremely delayed or out of order delivery is very, very, very rare for most users of e-mail and, as such, will never be presumed to be the norm.

           ~ Edward Abbey