Re: Observation of Reply Behaviour of Some List Members

Ron Canazzi

Hello Brian,

Remember not everybody in the world is using high speed cable or Fiber optics.  Many people in developing countries do indeed have slow connections and will have out of sequence e-mail delivery.  Flaming those people/countries is not good Internet practice.

On 4/12/2019 9:27 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 03:51 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Brian our moderator does not agree that this can occur
Brian, please, please, please stop harping on this!!   I have never, ever said it cannot occur.   I have said it is exceedingly rare for the vast majority of users around the world, and it is.  I have been in the computing world full time since the 1980s and the kinds of issue you routinely describe yourself as having is not, in any way, characteristic of most users experiences, period.

You are having a long term problem with your ISP.   It is up to you to get that fixed via your ISP or change ISPs.  General policy or expectation should not be set based on idiosyncratic behavior by an ISP, and cannot be.

Extremely delayed or out of order delivery is very, very, very rare for most users of e-mail and, as such, will never be presumed to be the norm.

           ~ Edward Abbey

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"