Re: new dropbox rules

Firstly no it does not effect shared folders.

Iff you have machines linked daily, they will stay linked.

But if you for any reason need to reformat, or something you will not be able to link till your linked devices are cleared.

If you need to use more than 3 units at one time, and for a basic user its highly unlikely you should need many units, I have a few suggestions.

1.  while a real pain, buying an upgrade to your account may be the easiest option.

2.  you can of course use the website for unlimited devices its all the linked client deals.

I suggest you view your devices, any machines with new profiles on accounts, reformats, xp and other wise, well the older units will exist but be inactive.

You may need to make other accounts for extra machines if you really need that.

To be honest, if you are really using more then 3 units daily, and don't want to pay for dropbox storage space, you could buy google storage space.

While its quite a lot for over 2tb of storage, a 100-200mb storage space doesn't cost that much.

On icloud its a little more but 200 mb is still only 10 bucks, dropbox is 9 bucks for 1tb though.

To be honest if it is part of your work and or something you really use, I'd try to stomach all the stuff that went with it and get the full office 360, that can be 100 or so a year but you get office, the space, and basically the skype version of your cellphone plan from any previder.

There is no reason for anyone to need more than 3 devices, 2 at most.

If you really need to sync things and while you will not be able to use a credit card, it may be easier to buy resilio home pro for 50 bucks, you will need the space to sync folders but you can supposedly selective sync the folders and share keys about.

How many of the devices are daily uses, and how many devices do you need synced.

If its 5 fine, but I doubt its really that.

For saldom used devices, maybe its easier to unlink everything bar the most used devices your phone and at least 1 pc instance, then simply transfer about.

I have another pc on win7 about, but I don't really need to sync that with dropbox as such for what I use it for though I guess I can do that I just have to remember to police my device and session lists thats not a real issue if you think about it.

To be honest, I'd like an ability to have a device if not used in say 6 months to a year to be automatically kulled from the linked device list.

In my mind its completely unlikely you will need to use more than 3 units, certainly a laptop and a phone maybe but not both.

For me, I don't know if I would bother linking my phone to dropbox for the reason I really don't need anything of that on my phone to do anything with.

I have 1 unit and 1 only on client.

Knowing what dropbox is now, I do think if I actually got into a business, I'd gofor a 5 user personal or business pack of office linked things rather than dropbox, or dropbox 1tb maybe I'd do that thats still quite cheap I guess.

On 13/04/2019 10:53 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
How does this affect shared folders?
I assume if others share with you and you share with them then its no issue.
So what is the system doing about people like us who used to have xp machines in, or our office whose account has 5 machines in use daily as well as one phone?

I read the email mystified about it and wondering if it was in fact phishing as there have been no email warnings or anything which seems to me to be pretty poor practice.
So did you find the web site  really navigable with nvda or did you need to go to Jaws or maybe do it on an I phone?
How much is involved in the upgrrade I looked at this some time ago and the site is very hard to use and figure it out.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-