Re: How to contact list members off list?

Hi,
Well I tried it just for giggles and it worked perfectly, except for the fact that, when I tried to close the new message window, my Thunderbird hmm crashed completely and I had to restart it.
What happens when you hit this link is as simple as that: A new message opens so you can type in with the "to" field being who sent this message and the "Private:" prefixing the subject.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 13/04/2019 16:17, Dan Beaver disse:

Actually, if I open the context menu on the reply to sender link and then click on the compose email to choice then it does open a new email and does populate the to: field with the sender's email address.

But still clicking on the reply to sender link does nothing.

Dan

On 4/13/2019 3:06 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 02:37 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
I just looked and yest there is a link for replying to sender.  However, I just tried to click on it and it does nothing for me.
Dan,

           Are you, by chance, using webmail?   Mailto: links won't necessarily work smoothly with some webmail.  If you bring up the context menu and copy that link, it is a mailto: link.

           It will have the word mailto: immediately followed by the sender's e-mail address, followed by a question mark, followed by what will be put in the message subject automatically.  You can snag the actual e-mail address that way if you're using webmail that does not respond to a mailto: link.

           I haven't encountered an actual e-mail client like Thunderbird, WLM, Outlook, etc., in a very long time that doesn't respond to a mailto: link by opening a compose window with the To: address and Subject: prepopulated based on what the link has in it.

           ~ Edward Abbey

--
Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)