Re: How to contact list members off list?

Dan Beaver

Hmmm, I thought Thunderbird and Outlook were 2 different programs.  I have never seen anything that indicates they are the same.

Dan Beaver

On 4/13/2019 3:40 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 03:31 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
I am not running outlook. I am using Thunderbird with a connection to Gmail.
Interesting.   I generally read my Gmail via the web interface, but just tried doing the same through Outlook 2016, the latest version of Thunderbird.

Under Outlook 2016, when I activate the Reply to Sender link it actually causes a reply message to be opened in my default web browser for that Gmail account (which also happens to be logged in to Google for other reasons).

Under Thunderbird, it instantly does exactly what I'd previously described, opens a compose Window in Thunderbird with To: and Subject: prepopulated, while also opening a separate Thunderbird tab.

I'll have to try this under WLM 2012 on my other machine later, as I don't have the pertinent Gmail account set up on this one and don't want to bother doing so.

           ~ Edward Abbey

--
Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)