Re: How to contact list members off list?

Gene

I didn't do anything.

Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to contact list members off list?

Gene,
I never had seen a link where your signature is, but I saw one in this email.
What you did?

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 13/04/2019 16:56, Gene disse:
Thunderbird appears not to have a message properties function.  But you can see the message details by opening message source in the view menu.  If you look down the details, you will find the from information.

But if you can do it the following way instead, it is much faster and easier.

Don't be in the message.  Be on the message in the list.
Open the context menu.  You will find all sorts of items regarding working with the message and other items.  You can see if reply to sender works.with mail from various lists.  I don't have Thunderbird associated with any account I use for list mail.

Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 2:41 PM

Whatever the case, if you get into message properties and look at the technical information, the senders address is included in any e-mail program I've looked at this in.  That's on this list as well.  I don't know if this is universal, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is very wide spread.
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 2:23 PM

Judy,

          I don't think there's a way to do this under Groups.io because the actual sender's address is not a part of the From: field.

          If it were, you could use the standard Reply keyboard shortcut, but doing that for a list message replies to the group, not the originating sender.  I believe the only way to reply directly to sender, without also including the list, with ease in most e-mail clients is hitting that Reply to Sender link at the end of messages or digest entries.  That's why that particular link came into existence in the very early days of Groups.io.

           I've never dealt with an e-mailing list where direct replies to originating senders of single messages didn't involve a workaround of some kind as the From: and Reply-To are usually set to the mailing list address.

           ~ Edward Abbey