Re: How to contact list members off list?

Dan Beaver

Nope, looks like it hit the list. ;)

Dan Beaver

On 4/13/2019 5:19 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,   this should only go to you if it works.   if not sorry list using the plication key in tbird when the message is opened you get a reply to sender only or to list and on it goes we will see if this works.

On 13/04/2019 20:11, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi Brian,

No, I am using Thunderbird and it is the latest version.

Like I said, it appears that it does nothing at all.  I can't find any mailto:
tags or anything like that.  It also isn't bringing up another new email
screen.  Very strange.

Dan

On 4/13/2019 3:06 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 02:37 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

    I just looked and yest there is a link for replying to sender.  However, I
    just tried to click on it and it does nothing for me.

Dan,

           Are you, by chance, using webmail?   Mailto: links won't necessarily work smoothly with some webmail.  If you bring up the context menu and copy that link, it is a mailto: link.

           It will have the word mailto: immediately followed by the sender's e-mail address, followed by a question mark, followed by what will be put in the message subject automatically.  You can snag the actual e-mail address that way if you're using webmail that does not respond to a mailto: link.

           I haven't encountered an actual e-mail client like Thunderbird, WLM, Outlook, etc., in a very long time that doesn't respond to a mailto: link by opening a compose window with the To: address and Subject: prepopulated based on what the link has in it.

*/Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell./*

           ~ Edward Abbey

--
Dan Beaver (KC4DOY)

--