From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luke
Davis
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 4:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to contact list members off list?

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019, Brian Vogel wrote:

Judy, I don't think there's a way to do this under Groups.io
because
the actual sender's address is not a part of the From: field. If
it

Brian, all messages from this list have the original sender, not the list,
in
the from field. For example this message you just sent, has this as the
field:

Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com>

The list is in the Reply-to: and To: fields.

Interestingly, if I try to reply to this using either Reply, or Reply To
All, in
the Mail app on my iPhone, either way i get the list. But if I actually
touch
your name in the From: field, I can see your address, and copy and paste it,
or
put it in my contacts, or whatever. So your address is definitely in the
From: field, and can be gotten to by anyone determined enough to expand the
details of that field, or the full headers, however you do that for your
mail
program.

I am not setup on windows mail of any kind, but for what it's worth (not
much),
on one of my Linux systems here, in alpine, I can do a direct reply to just
you,
the list, or both.

The bottom line being: the From: field on this, and every other groups.io
list
I'm on, is the actual original sender's email address.

Luke

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019, Brian Vogel wrote:

Judy,          I don't think there's a way to do this under Groups.io
because the actual sender's address is not a part of the From: field.
  If it
were, you could use the standard Reply keyboard shortcut, but doing that
for a list message replies to the group, not the originating sender.  I
believe the
only way to reply directly to sender, without also including the list,
with ease in most e-mail clients is hitting that Reply to Sender link at the
end of
messages or digest entries.  That's why that particular link came into
existence in the very early days of Groups.io.           I've never dealt
with an
e-mailing list where direct replies to originating senders of single
messages didn't involve a workaround of some kind as the From: and Reply-To
are usually
set to the mailing list address.--

           ~ Edward Abbey