Re: How to contact list members off list?

Luke Davis

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019, Brian Vogel wrote:

Luke,           In the full header, which I'm staring at at this very moment, my From: field reads britechguy@...          I suggest you
Interesting. Looking at full headers on this message, I see your From: address as "britechguy@...". However when someone uses the groups.io web interface, their From: field shows with the masked format as you described.
I don't know what to tell you--we appear to be seeing different things.

Could it be that groups.io changes the From: field based upon whether you have a registered account at groups.io? I do not, so perhaps I see the real addresses for people who aren't sending from groups.io?

Even so, britechguy@... is a valid-looking address, and may even get to you if groups.io is doing that kind of mail forwarding.

As an additional test: what do you see as my address in the From: field, if you look at full headers of this message in a real email program?

look in the beta groups for all the conversations, including one from today, about e-mail address masking.  This could be specific to Gmail recipients
I know beta groups are something on groups.io, but searching "groups.io beta groups email address masking" gets me 26,800,000 results, and there is only so much time in the day so I think I will pass.:)

Luke