Re: laptop layout

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi David

I am guessing the following page is along the lines of what you are
trying to sus out.

A while ago i had a netbook which did not have a numeric keypad but it
was emulated on the main keyboard. I had to do along the lines of what
is on the link provide at
https://askleo.com/why_do_i_have_to_hold_down_the_fn_key_to_get_normal_letter/

I had to make sure the numeric keypad part was not turned on and if i
remember right i had to use the function key plus the nvda key plus any
of the letters it mentions. I would have to have a play on the wifes
netbook later on and see which keys they are or what I had to do, but it
was along these lines. I ended up getting lazy and brought a full
keyboard then all I had to do was remember the desktop commands.

I can later on find out which keys they are and put them some where up
on the website of mine maybe under trouble shooting section.

Gene nz

On 5/07/2016 5:38 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I'm using the latest NVDA 2016 on a development laptop. This machine
does not have a keypad. I've gone over the manual for laptop layout
with regards object navigation and screen review, I am just not
getting it.

Does anyone have any pointers? Things that'll stick in the memory?

Thanks.
Dave.