Re: Cannot open nvaccess.org in Iran

Mohamed

I think she's using Mac OS, which has a native whois client in the terminal. Windows doesn't have one by default.

On 4/15/2019 1:04 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Sarah,
In which terminal one should write it?
I assume it's not in the CMD, because if I type in it there, I get the dreaded "not a valid command" message.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/04/2019 13:01, Sarah k Alawami disse:

In the terminal write

whois nvaccess.org

I could never get the address right so do not use that unless you are sure. please google for the correct one but only put the domain in for the whois and look through all of the stuff for nv-access

never mind. I'm getting a domain not found here. is the whois data base only for the us domains like mine?

On 15 Apr 2019, at 5:39, Gene wrote:

I doubt that the NVDA site has been blocked.  it is probably on a host, but I'm not sure what the correct word is, that has been blocked so nothing on that host can be accessed.  for example, a lot of people use Go Daddy to host sites.  If Go Daddy were blocked, you couldn't access The NVDA site.  Others with more technical knowledge can tell the list how you find out who hosts a web site and we may get information about who the host is for the NVDA site.

Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 5:02 AM
To: nvda
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot open nvaccess.org in Iran

Dear Antony,
This issue exists on more than one internet provider. In Iran, we have a governmental organization, called "Working Group on Identifying Criminal Content", who is responsible for such actions. I asked them to unblock nvaccess.org, and they told me the above-mentioned reply.

   ***
Best Wishes,
     Mohammadreza Rashad
   sent by Nokia 8

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019, 2:10 PM Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
Who did you contact?  Your connectivity provider, or someone else?

Antony.

--
I thought I had type A blood, but it turned out to be a typo.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.