Re: Cannot open nvaccess.org in Iran

Luke Davis

It may be the IP address that's being blocked, not the provider or site.
It appears that nvaccess.org is on a dedicated server, at the IP address 45.33.21.113
It may be only that IP address that's being blocked, especially if it changed recently and the one it has now used to be something your government did want to block.
The last time they changed anything in that record may have been in December of 2018, but that's only a guess based on some technical information and only the nvaccess people can say for sure.

All that said, if you're getting a 403 error, that probably is nvaccess blocking you for some reason, not the other way around. Can you paste the full text of the error you get?

Lastly, you may be able to use tor to access it. A bit of work to get setup, but if it is a blocking based on geographic location issue, that may very well get you around it. A VPN or a proxy is probably easier, but may not be free.

Luke

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019, Mohammadreza Rashad wrote:

Dear Rosemarie,
As I said before, I have this issue with more than one ISP, and have received many reports from various places.
Dear @Quentin, would you please help me to solve this mysterious problem? I, as a blind person, think that we have right to use, download and update the
free NVDA screenreader, like other blind computer users.
   ***
Best Wishes,
     Mohammadreza Rashad
   sent by Nokia 8