Re: Cannot open nvaccess.org in Iran

Mohammadreza Rashad

Dear Dejan,
You are so kind.
I could download the newest version from another source. All I want, is accessing NVDA website as before.

   ***
Best Wishes,
     Mohammadreza Rashad
   sent by Nokia 8

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019, 2:47 PM Mohammadreza Rashad via Groups.Io <mohammadreza5712=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dear Luke,
I don't receive any error message. Sometimes it says Connection Timed out.
I definitely can use Tor, proxy or VPN to bypass this issue; but I want to know where is the issue.

   ***
Best Wishes,
     Mohammadreza Rashad
   sent by Nokia 8

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019, 2:26 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
It may be the IP address that's being blocked, not the provider or site.
It appears that nvaccess.org is on a dedicated server, at the IP address
45.33.21.113
It may be only that IP address that's being blocked, especially if it changed
recently and the one it has now used to be something your government did want to
block.
The last time they changed anything in that record may have been in December of
2018, but that's only a guess based on some technical information and only the
nvaccess people can say for sure.

All that said, if you're getting a 403 error, that probably is nvaccess blocking
you for some reason, not the other way around.  Can you paste the full text of
the error you get?

Lastly, you may be able to use tor to access it.  A bit of work to get setup,
but if it is a blocking based on geographic location issue, that may very well
get you around it.  A VPN or a proxy is probably easier, but may not be free.

Luke