Re: Cannot open nvaccess.org in Iran

Gene

Here is an excerpt from the Tor Blog providing information about this.  Accessibility was turned off for technical reasons I don't understand and that others may be able to explain.

This entry was written over six months ago.  Does that tell us something about the attention this problem has been given after an "alas" in the response?  Alas, a stylized response, doesn't cut it.  It wouldn't be "alas" if the browser became unusable for a significant number of sighted users.

Gene

https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-80?page=1
Zef (not verified) said:
September 05, 2018
Tor browser 8.0 is unavailable for Nvda[screen reader] in windows system. Please fix it.
Previous version works fine.
Blind users they can not use this version.
gk said:
September 06, 2018
Yes, we had to disable accessibility support on Windows system, alas. :( The problem is that mingw-w64 lacks some fixes which are probably not so easy to write. We have a bug open for now with further links to the underlying problem: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/27503.
Zef (not verified) said:
September 06, 2018
Thank you for your answer. How long does it take to fix this problem?
At once I can not use it tbb.
gk said:
September 07, 2018
We don't know yet. :(