Re: Jumping Between Clickables

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well and working from memory here, the problem with clickables is that there is little info on what they may actually be doing. Its up to the site developer to define it so they are grouped in links since there could well be several different sorts of clickable and how do you actually know which is which? at least if they show up in the links one might be able to assume they are supposed to do stuff. I have to say some of them seem to do nothing whatsoever while others act like links or drop downs and all sorts of other things.
I think somebody in charge of web accessibility needs to sort this one out.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:39 AM
Subject: [nvda] Jumping Between Clickables

Hello

Is there any reasonable way, or is there some way in development, to jump between items on a web page that are "clickable"?

The manual only mentions clickables in regards to the indicator in the braille section, and the checkbox in the document format configuration description, and even in this latter it is very sparse information.

I have found various discussions about clickables, whether they should be spoken, whether lots in a row should be spoken, and how to get them to stop speaking, but nothing about how to navigate them.

For example, if I have a bunch of links on a page, I can skip between them with k, v, u, etc. If there are buttons, I can use b and B. And so on.
But how does one do this with clickables? Sometimes you run into quite long lists of these, and it would be nice to move through them quickly, or to jump to them from another part of the page.

Frankly I'm surprised this has not been done already, but maybe there is some reason I can't think of. Or maybe it is being done and just isn't documented in an obvious way.

Luke

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.