Re: Jumping Between Clickables

Gene

I have no recollection of clickable items being grouped in links.  I doubt that k will move you to a clickable item and I doubt they appear in the links list.  Of course, you can tab to a clickable item but that means nothing concerning being grouped as links or not because you can tab to any control or structure such as a link.

It doesn't matter what clickable structures do.  If they are clickable, they should be able to be recognized when using a move to next clickable command.  The screen-reader recognizes them and announces clickable when you move to one.

Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Jumping Between Clickables

Well and working from memory here, the problem with clickables is that there
is little info on what they may actually be doing. Its up to the site
developer to define it so they are grouped in links since there could well
be several different sorts of clickable and how do you actually know which
is which? at least if they show up in the links one might be able to assume
they are supposed to do stuff. I have to say some of them seem to do nothing
whatsoever while others act like links or drop downs and all sorts of other
things.
 I think somebody in charge of web accessibility needs to sort this one out.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-