Re: problem with newest version of potplayer and nvda

hi.
playlist editor?
whats the last accessible version?
and about new skin,
i believe that it applies only in newer versions of windows. am i right?
because i tested one version before the version that you mentioned and
pressing application key, worked for me as it worked in previous
versions of program!
but, i really appreciate your helpful advice for this problem, God
bless you and his special mercy i pray for you!

On 4/17/19, Kostadin Kolev <k.kolev1985@...> wrote:
Hello,

And some other tips from me about PotPlayer.

From the list of skins to use (there is a submenu for them in the main
pop-up menu), select to use the "Window Frame Skin - WindowFrame.dsf". That
skin obeys the theme in use in Windows, which is specially important when
using a high-contrast Windows theme.

PotPlayer is generally accessible. The only main thing that is not
accessible now is the playlist editor, specially the list of items in the
playlist. Previously it was accessible. From what I've read on the PotPlayer
forum, the inaccessibility was caused by the change in the type of control
used for the list control for the playlist. I don't know what is used now,
but previously a standard "SysListView32" control was used. Unfortunately,
the PotPlayer developer seams not willing to revert it to a standard
control, probably due to better performance and functionality of this new
type of control in comparison with "SysListView32".

Also, if you go to PotPlayer Preferences -> Accessibility, you can configure
if the player should output via SAPI5/OneCore or via the currently running
screen reader (via UIA) things like on-screen messages, subtitles and
tooltips from the skin controls. In my opinion, that is very useful,
specially for the on-screen messages and the subtitles (the tooltips from
the skin controls are read by NVDA without this function, if NVDA is
configured to read tooltips via its Settings -> Object Presentation).

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 17.4.2019 г. в 17:18, Brian Vogel написа:

Kostadin,

           Brilliant!  (and arcane).   I would never, in a million years,
have found this, or probably even tried it had I gotten to those settings,
since the skinned version of the context menu presents precisely the same
information as the system version does.  It must be the skin overlay that
is the root of the accessibility problem.

            Works like a charm after tweaking that setting (or at least
the menu does).  I restarted the player even though it didn't force me to
do so.

           ~ Edward Abbey

--
By God,