Re: Changing the way NVDA pronounces non-English words

Manoj Govindraj <manmusical9@...>

I am sorry I forgot to mention that I use windows 1 core voice as my synth. I am inserting Hindi language words, e.g. the word chhota, which NVDA pronounces like kh when I wish it pronounces like ch.

On Apr 23, 2019, at 7:02 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

This is not a simple question to answer, and particularly not without additional context.

I am presuming you are talking about non-English words inserted into English language text.  That can be done, but is generally fiddly until you figure out how to come up with something that's a pronounceable substitute for the word that sounds right with the synthesizer you're using.  I am guessing we're talking about words from non-romance-languages.

A short list of examples, and knowing what synthesizer you're using, would be most helpful.

           ~ Edward Abbey