Re: Changing the way NVDA pronounces non-English words

Manoj Govindraj <manmusical9@...>

Hi Brian,
I don't have microsoft James but I use microsoft Sara. i would want
the word Chhota to be pronounced like church and not like cotton. Will
also try playing with the NVDA voice dictionary. Thanks much for your
inputs.

Manoj

What voice? I just tried it using Microsoft James, a One-Core voice, and
it pronounces chhota with the opening sounding like church in English. Are
you looking for the sound like at the beginning of cotton?

No matter what it is you're trying to achieve with a specific synth and
voice as far as tweaking how a given word is pronounced, you will use the
Voice Dictionary for that voice and then start playing with "made up
spellings" as the replacement for the real one that the synth pronounces
using that voice the way you wish it to be pronounced. It's trial and
error.

*Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.*

~ Edward Abbey