locked Re: OT: A program to make BARD files Braille-display friendly

Josh Kennedy

More things you may want to add to the braille display friendly program are the following:

convert all left bracket characters to left brace characters.
convert all right bracket characters to right brace characters.
convert all backslash characters to vertical bar characters.

convert all At sign characters, to grave accent characters.
finally, convert all caret characters to tilde characters.
and make sure all dots 4-5-6 braille characters are represented by the underscore character, since typically dots 4-5-6 in braille when you view the file on a computer is shown as the underscore or underline character, shift dash.
those characters gave me issues in the past, especially reading stuff on the braille me display prototype i had last year.

Josh