Re: Hemingway Editor - Command for Colors with NVDA

Quentin Christensen

Hi David,

I like Hemingway, although  I wish it had more keystrokes for things like jumping to the next text of concern.  Anyway, there isn't a keystroke directly to toggle reporting of colours on and off, but it is in NVDA's document formatting settings.  Press NVDA+control+d to open the document formatting settings directly.  Then, either press alt+c or tab until the you are on "color" (it's the sixth option, so not too far down).  Press spacebar to check or uncheck as desired.

Colour changes are then reported in Hemingway as you navigate or read through the text.  Note that it counts the space between sentences as having a white background, so if you have two sentences which are hard to read it will note the change to the background between sentences.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:16 AM David Russell <david.sonofhashem@...> wrote:
Hi NVDA Group,

I am using the Hemingway Editor application, which is an editing tool
for writers.
Output is given in color schemes, and wonder what is the command to
turn on and off colors with NVDA?

I looked online but could not find the command for this. Thanks in advance.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

--