Re: i really need some help with sound

Alina,
Glad it worked for you! I hope it works for Darren as well.
It's a really nice application. I couldn't use my computer without this one anymore!

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 26/04/2019 06:44, Alina disse:

Marcio,

It definitely does!

I didn't mention it before, but the thing is, I use the USB sound card with a recording program, and set NVDA to speak through the internal one.

At first, it didn't work as I wanted, because the USB sound card was set as the default in Windows Sound Settings, so, Silenzio was playing the WAV file through the default one.

Then, while I was on the system tray looking for Speakers, for going into Sound Settings, I came across Silenzio. I right clicked on it to see what it does, and I managed to set it to the internal sound card, and it seems to work!

Well, that's all from me on this topic, I don't want to get OT, but just wanted to let you know it works for me!

Thanks again for the application.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16

On 26/04/2019 10:21, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Alina,
I hope this helps you out with this annoyance.
Let me know if it does.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 26/04/2019 05:20, Alina disse:

Thanks for this Marcio.

I too seem to have these issues on my laptop. But in my case, I only have to restart NVDA so that speech would come back. Still annoying though.

I've connected a USB sound card, which doesn't seem to sleep :) (I mean, which seems to resolve the issue), but still, I have to use the internal sound card at times, so hopefully this program will help.

Thanks again.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16

On 26/04/2019 09:48, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Em 26/04/2019 03:37, Darren Harris via Groups.Io disse:
The second thing is that every so often and this is regular the soundcard will just switch off. I have my laptop plugged into a bos soundlink mini 2 and after a while unless there???s sound going through it the ??laptop sound seems to switch off which results in the speaker turning off. At first I thought it was NVDA being weird but it isn???t.
Darren,
Maybe this problem can be solved with a small application called Silenzio.
It will play continually a WAV file, which will not let your soundcard sleep.
Believe it made my life easier when I found out about this little friend.
Here's the link if you want to try it out. Just install and run it and see the results!
http://www.stefankiss.sk/programy/silenzio/Silenzio_1.0_setup.exe