Re: saving a list of headings

Rick

Hello Cearbhall:

Did you mean NVDA+F7 to open the elements dialog?

This brings up a list of elements which are grouped in categories. For example, when browsing the web, the categories are:

  • Links
  • Headings
  • Form fields
  • Buttons
  • Landmarks

In the headings group, NVDA announces levels instead of heading numbers. Level 0 corresponds to Heading1, Level 1 corresponds to Heading2, etc. When using the up and down arrow keys to navigate the list of headings, NVDA announces the level at the end, except when the level changes. Then it is announced at the beginning. For properly nested headings, you can collapse and expand the list using left and right arrow keys. NVDA announces if the level is collapsed or expanded.

I am not sure why you need the extra verbosity for links, since when viewing links in that category, only links are present. NVDA even announces if a link has been visited. Same for buttons and landmarks.

Rick