Re: good, responsive synthesizers?

Albert Ruel

Brian, are you willing to give me some step by step instructions on how to do as you've indicated below? I think I want to give it a go.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian's Mail list account [mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 11:55 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] good, responsive synthesizers?

or Quincyor Quincy :-)
One thing I have noticed on most multicore based machines is that particularly on laptops the speed is turned down for what it terms as idle.
The snag seems to be that some things, and speech and explorer navigation are often two of them, that these seem to be sluggish. I don't know if Windows 10 has this feature or not, but 7 surely does and quite a bit of lag is taken away if you modify the default processor scheme to make idle at least run at 50 percent of the clock speed, instead of the often crippling
10 per cent.
Obviously this will impact on the battery life, but to me more slick operation is worth that and if you don't use the screen, you can turn this off on a laptop and save power that way to compensate.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-